Having over 20 years experience within the industrial and commercial sectors and most recently held the post of an Assessment Manager with the United Kingdom Accreditation Service.
Details of experience : UKAS
- Environmental permitting /EU ETS specialist ISO 14001, ISO 14065, ISO 17020)
- Management of Key global clients with regards to compliance for ISO 14001, ISO17021, ISO 14065 and ISO 17020.
- Providing technical expertise for ISO 14001 EMS ,EMAS, EU ETS, BS 8555 ACORN schemes
- Assessing clients compliance both in the UK and overseas(Europe & Asia )
- Attending policy meetings with BIS(WG3-7), IEMA (EU ETS,ACORN,) including EA(European cooperation for Accreditation)
- Reviewing future ISO standards and guidance documentation prior to implementation.
- Technical focus point for EMAS Reg 1221/2009 & ISO 50001 Energy Management
- Managing teams of UKAS assessors and technical assessors.
- Training and Mentoring other UKAS staff.
2006-2010 Environment Manager:Archer Daniels Midland (Food Processing)
- Sole responsibility for environmental issues on a large manufacturing site
- Designing, developing and implementing ISO14001 compliant EMS.
Providing environmental training and development.
- Key responsibility for IPPC permitting & Radioactive Substances Act implementation and management.
- Liaising with external regulatory bodies, local Government and stakeholders.
- Ensuring compliance with all current and future legislation.
- Developing & implementing waste management and sustainability strategies.
- Environmental project management and implementation.
- Supporting and mentoring all members of staff regarding environmental issues.
- Liaising with senior corporate management /European & global level.
- Carryng out ISO14001 audits.
- Implementing and managing Health and safety policy.
- Providing environmental & health and safety training for all staff and contractors